The McKern Foundation is a proud gold sponsor for the Bendigo Little Athletics Centre during the 2013/14 season. The centre is 100% volunteer operated and provides sporting opportunities for children of all levels of ability.
Little Athletics is organised competition in Track and Field events for children aged between 5 and 15 years of age. The emphasis is on participation, fun and personal improvement. Events include sprinting, jumping and throwing events.
Sponsorship money will be used during 2013/14 to fund the following initiatives:
- Purchase of new finish line recording hardware and software
- Provision of wireless broadband to the site to improve recording of results
- Purchase of additional equipment for our popular “on-track” program for the under 6 year olds
- Purchase of a new cover for a long jump pit
- Attendance at coaching courses for age group managers
- Purchase of additional coaching equipment and provision of improved storage and transportation facilities
- Provision of hazard signs to reduce risks from throwing events
- Purchase of a new first aid kit.
Ross Johnson, Bendigo Little Athletics Centre Fundraising Coordinator, says the success of Little Athletics could not happen without the funding from generous Bendigo organisations, including the McKern Foundation.
“The 2012/13 season was very successful for Bendigo Little Athletics, with a record number of participants and the hosting of regional and state championships”, he said.